A junior loan officer works alongside a senior mortgage loan officer to find potential home loan mortgage applicants, help them navigate the loan process, and assist with preparing and closing the mortgage loan transaction. They counsel applicants on various loan products and mortgage programs, prepare loan packages that meet applicants’ specific financial needs, and collect, verify, and analyze financial data to determine an applicant’s creditworthiness and ability to repay a home mortgage loan. Many companies offer training programs for entry-level JLO positions with a lending or financial institution.
Personality types of a Junior Loan Officer
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Junior Loan Officer
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Bottom-line oriented. Pragmatic, results-oriented.
- Persuasive. Able to convince others.
- Active. Movement/Action oriented.
- Adaptive. Not rigid, able to adjust.
Motivators for a Junior Loan Officer
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, reward them for achieving results and regularly check-in with their progress.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, allow them to complete tasks in their own way; be flexible with work day structure.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them opportunities to take charge and lead meetings.
Hiring a Junior Loan Officer?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions