Insurance underwriting assistants work alongside insurance underwriters or underwriting managers to collect information, perform data entry, analyze risk factors, and more to determine the cost and benefit ratio associated with insuring prospective clients. Additional job duties include supporting the underwriting process for claims by maintaining accurate records and modifying existing policies. They most often do this by acquiring statistical and financial information that the underwriting department can leverage to make educated policy decisions. An assistant underwriter works full-time or part-time for insurance agencies, insurance companies, and corporate business entities.
Personality types of a Insurance Underwriting Assistant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Insurance Underwriting Assistant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Predictable. Dependable and consistent.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Insurance Underwriting Assistant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, help them understand how their work supports others.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them work tasks with plenty of structure and guidance.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide them with learning opportunities and allow them to sharpen their skills.
Hiring an Insurance Underwriting Assistant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions