An insurance billing representative or billing clerk is responsible for maintaining billing records, documentation, and other financial information for companies and their clients. They are required to prepare invoices, reconcile billing by overseeing outstanding balances and assessing unpaid claims, expedite the billing process to ensure timely payment, research denials and resubmit claims, as needed, conduct billing audits, and compile reports. Insurance billing representatives may also be tasked with various administrative duties such as retrieving documents from client files to generate claim forms. They typically work full-time or part-time for insurance agencies and brokerages, or for specific insurance companies.
Personality types of a Insurance Billing Representative
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Insurance Billing Representative
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Cooperative. Willing to collaborate.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Structured. Organized and systematic.
- Cautious. Careful and deliberate in action.
Motivators for a Insurance Billing Representative
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide plenty of structure for them to follow.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive,give them opportunities to lead team meetings, mentor others, and grow towards a management position.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, assign tasks that allow them to deep dive into a subject or to learn something new.
Hiring an Insurance Billing Representative?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions