HVAC service technicians specialize in installing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment, indoor air quality, and pneumatic control systems. Working conditions and responsibilities will vary every day. Duties include meeting with customers at their homes or business to perform customer-requested work orders, preventative maintenance checks, warranty services, and emergency repairs. They are responsible for troubleshooting, testing equipment, diagnosing, and fixing various HVAC system components, including air conditioners, furnaces, thermostats, compressors, boilers, and chillers. HVAC service technicians use a company truck to visit job sites.
Personality types of a HVAC Service Technician
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a HVAC Service Technician
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Structured. Organized and systematic.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a HVAC Service Technician
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, make sure they understand the contributions they make to the team and the value they bring to customers.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide them with a clear set of procedures and expectations to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, allow them to pursue professional development opportunities to learn more about their field.
Hiring a HVAC Service Technician?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions