A houseperson provides housekeeping and maintenance support for a hotel. They ensure that premises are kept clean and neat including lobbies, hallways, and common areas. The houseperson ensures that auditoriums and meeting rooms are well equipped, tidy, and ready for use by guests. They also help the housekeeping team with cleaning and stocking rooms, changing bedding, and delivering amenities. This position requires excellent customer service abilities as they must respond to guest requests and concerns, as well as coordinate with other personnel for guest assistance. This position requires a strong emphasis on putting the guest first, and excellent customer service skills are essential.
Personality types of a Houseperson
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Houseperson
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Cooperative. Willing to collaborate.
- Enthusiastic. Excited and joyful.
- Predictable. Dependable and consistent.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Houseperson
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, give them projects or tasks that will directly help guests.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, make sure they have a clear set of guidelines and expectations to follow.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide them with opportunities to further enhance their customer service skills.
Hiring a Houseperson?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions