A hotel shift manager oversees day-to-day operations while also working alongside employees. Hotel shift managers schedule staff, assign tasks to employees and conduct other organizational and business administration activities as needed. They assist with creating company policies and company standards, making them vital to successful hotel operations and guest satisfaction. They need outstanding decision-making abilities and must possess excellent communication skills. Hotel shift managers typically work full-time in various hotel facilities, and they report to the general manager.
Personality types of a Hotel Shift Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Hotel Shift Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Commanding. A presence of control and authority.
- Stimulating. Invigorating and rousing.
- Flexible. Open to different ways of trying things.
- Careful. Patient, methodical, cautious.
Motivators for a Hotel Shift Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, acknowledge them for their individual contributions to revenue goals and provide rewards where appropriate.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them the authority to make decisions and hone their leadership skills.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide a clear set of procedures for them and their colleagues to follow.
Hiring a Hotel Shift Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions