The sales manager is in charge of bringing more business to the hotel in order to increase sales. They analyze local markets for potential clients, assess competitor activity, and arrange site visits to initiate new sales. In addition, the sales manager is responsible for developing a sales and marketing strategy, budgeting, forecasting, creating advertising campaigns, and other methods to meet or exceed stated revenue and room night goals. The sales manager networks and prospects for new clients while also retaining current customers through long-term relationships and driving repeat business. This position requires a thorough understanding of hotel revenue management as well as exceptional customer service and communication skills.
Personality types of a Hotel Sales Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Hotel Sales Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Self-reliant. Independent and autonomous.
- Persuasive. Able to convince others.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Hotel Sales Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, provide rewards for meeting and exceeding company goals and objectives.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, allow them to be creative in soliciting new business and potential clients.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them an opportunity to showcase their leadership skills by mentoring and teaching new team members.
Hiring a Hotel Sales Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions