The general manager is in charge of all daily hotel operations to guarantee that guests enjoy an outstanding experience. They are responsible for all hotel services, such as guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, revenue management, expense management, team building, and employee development. This position requires a flexible and dynamic problem solver with exceptional leadership abilities who can empower staff to give superior customer service to hotel guests, associates, and visitors. They act as brand ambassadors, providing leadership and strategic direction to all departments of the hotel.
Personality types of a Hotel General Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Hotel General Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Commanding. A presence of control and authority.
- Stimulating. Invigorating and rousing.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Flexible. Open to different ways of trying things.
Motivators for a Hotel General Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, recognize their contributions to organizational success and provide rewards where appropriate.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, allow them to complete tasks in a their preferred manner.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them the ability to make decisions and sharpen their leadership skills.
Hiring a Hotel General Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions