A hotel front desk manager or front office manager acts as the face of the establishment and is responsible for ensuring exceptional guest services from the moment someone walks through the door. Excellent communication skills are required to hire, train, and supervise hotel front desk staff, interact with guests during check-in and throughout their stay. Additional tasks include mitigating hotel guest complaints, compiling occupancy reports and financial information. This is a supervisory role overseeing front desk operations, typically in a full-time capacity, and reports to the general manager.
Personality types of a Hotel Front Desk Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Hotel Front Desk Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Commanding. A presence of control and authority.
- Inspiring. Creates optimism in others.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Cautious. Careful and deliberate in action.
Motivators for a Hotel Front Desk Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, present reward-based opportunities with competition involved.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, put them in positions where they can take the lead.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them rules and procedures to follow.
Hiring a Hotel Front Desk Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions