A hotel front desk agent is usually the first person a guest interacts with at a hotel. Their main goal is to ensure every guest experience meets high-quality standards. They greet new and returning guests, manage guest accounts, perform check-ins, provide room keys for rooms, and take down credit card information in a personable and professional manner. They may also help register guests for rewards programs, arrange special requests, and mitigate complaints.
Personality types of a Hotel Front Desk Agent
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Hotel Front Desk Agent
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Patient. Able to wait for an outcome.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Consistent. Reliable and predictable.
- Adaptive. Not rigid, able to adjust.
Motivators for a Hotel Front Desk Agent
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Aesthetic: A drive for harmony, balance, and peace. To tend to the aesthetic drive, provide opportunities to solve conflict and create harmony with others.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, allow them to talk directly with customers and fulfill customer requests.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them ample structure and guidelines to follow.
Hiring a Hotel Front Desk Agent?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions