A catering event coordinator manages food and operations for special events. Catering event coordinators are responsible for outlining the needs for each event, creating a budget and tracking invoices, scheduling event activities and food service, and evaluating success. Coordinators work in tandem with hotel staff, event managers, catering companies, clients, and other vendors to ensure a smooth experience for guests. They typically work full-time on-site at hotel facilities.
Personality types of a Catering Event Coordinator
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Catering Event Coordinator
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Poised. Composed and self-assured.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Catering Event Coordinator
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, give them freedom to work independently.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, find ways to demonstrate the happiness they bring to the client.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, give them opportunities to learn new things.
Hiring a Catering Event Coordinator?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions