A guest services manager handles visitor needs, front-desk operations, and ensures the highest level of guest satisfaction. Guest services managers assess employee performance, create strategies and services to enhance productivity and increase revenue and profitability. They also handle guest complaints, providing service replacements or refunds as needed. They are in charge of the safety and security of hotel amenities such as the pool, spa, gym, and valet services, as well as the inventory of required supplies. A guest services manager must be an excellent communicator and leader to successfully manage staff and operational responsibilities.
Personality types of a Guest Services Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Guest Services Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Bottom-line oriented. Pragmatic, results-oriented.
- Social/Outgoing. Extroverted and people oriented.
- Active. Movement/Action oriented.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Guest Services Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, give them rewards when their team successfully meets and exceeds goals for guest satisfaction and profitability targets.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to lead a team for common goals such as increasing occupancy rates.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, allow them to create their own rules and processes to effectively manage their team.
Hiring a Guest Services Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions