The general manager is responsible for keeping the restaurant running smoothly, efficiently, and profitably. They must provide a clean establishment, maintain product quality, and ensure a high speed of service to maximize customer satisfaction. Restaurant general managers who are successful have demonstrated business and team leadership abilities. They must keep staffing levels stable through hiring, training, and motivating team members. Time management, organization, and communication skills are also needed. This position requires prior management experience in a fast food or quick service restaurant capacity.
Personality types of a General Manager (Quick Service)
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a General Manager (Quick Service)
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Task-oriented. Focused on the big objectives, rather than the humanistic side.
- Interactive. Engaging and expressive.
- Active. Movement/Action oriented.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a General Manager (Quick Service)
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, give them rewards for leading their team successfully when achieving or surpassing goals.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give opportunities to lead a team for a common goal like meeting or exceeding customer satisfaction scores.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, allow them to be creative in motivating their team and developing procedures.
Hiring a General Manager (Quick Service)?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions