The food and beverage manager is responsible for ensuring the success of all aspects of food and beverage operations in a hotel. The food and beverage manager oversees food service, food preparation, departmental team members, and the dining experience of every guest. They should be well-versed in providing excellent customer service to achieve customer satisfaction, possess leadership skills, communication skills, and organizational skills, and perform their tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
Personality types of a Food and Beverage Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Food and Beverage Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Pioneering. Venturing into new paths/ideas.
- Social/Outgoing. Extroverted and people oriented.
- Adventurous. Willing to try new things, take risks.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Food and Beverage Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, give them rewards for leading their team successfully when an event has exceeded client needs.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give opportunities to lead a team for a common goal like managing catering for an event.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, allow them to be creative and break rules to reinvent food as art.
Hiring a Food and Beverage Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions