A fitness sales associate works at the front desk to sell gym memberships and promote services while also providing customer service. They are in charge of reaching and exceeding performance sales indicators for the fitness studio, such as membership sales and renewals, retail and concession sales, and upselling fitness classes and personal training sessions. This position requires a focus on providing excellent customer service while also reaching sales objectives and goals. Candidates should have an interest in fitness, excellent customer service skills, and sales and marketing knowledge.
Personality types of a Fitness Sales Associate
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Fitness Sales Associate
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Structured. Organized and systematic.
- Flexible. Open to different ways of trying things.
Motivators for a Fitness Sales Associate
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Aesthetic: A drive for harmony, balance, and peace. To tend to the aesthetic drive, allow them to solve issues in the workplace to create a more harmonious environment.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, provide opportunities for them to directly interact with customers.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them structure in the workplace and provide specific procedures to follow.
Hiring a Fitness Sales Associate?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions