A financial advisor helps individuals manage their finances. They provide financial advice and planning services such as budgeting, goal planning, wealth building and management, debt management, estate planning, and retirement planning. To help clients reach their financial goals, they collect data to analyze their clients’ financial situation and create customized plans based on their findings and their clients’ risk tolerance. Most financial planners work full time in an office environment at investment firms, insurance companies, financial planning firms, or financial institutions.
Personality types of a Financial Advisor
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Financial Advisor
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Assertive. Comfortable inserting opinion or thoughts.
- Expressive. Conveys thoughts openly.
- Spontaneous. Innovative and experimental.
- Easy-going. Informal, not tense or strict.
Motivators for a Financial Advisor
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, reward them for achieving goals.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, let them conduct business in their own way.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, provide opportunities for career growth and let them take charge.
Hiring a Financial Advisor?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions