A field sales representative follows up on leads and sells a company's products or services in person. They are responsible for identifying sales opportunities and developing unique sales strategies to acquire new clients and achieve sales goals. The ideal applicant enjoys the sales process and uses their communication and interpersonal skills to turn leads into new accounts. They are self-motivated, sales-driven, highly organized, and capable of developing a workflow to generate business. The field sales rep will typically work outside of a company's office and manage their assigned sales territory. Base salary plus commission.
Personality types of a Field Sales Representative
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Field Sales Representative
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Bottom-line oriented. Pragmatic, results-oriented.
- Social/Outgoing. Extroverted and people oriented.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Independent. Free to explore and experiment.
Motivators for a Field Sales Representative
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, give them opportunities for advancement.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, let them be themselves in the workplace.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to take the lead on projects or lead a group of teammates to accomplish a common goal.
Hiring a Field Sales Representative?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions