A director of sales and marketing at a hotel is responsible for driving revenue to a property. They create an effective revenue management strategy to ensure the hotel’s profitability in all market conditions through sales and marketing tactics. They must implement and meet budget and revenue targets, review the work of multiple teams, participate in sales and outreach to high-profile clients, and even negotiate contracts. The director of sales and marketing also sets prices and discounts, devises marketing strategies for expanding their client base, and oversees a team of skilled professionals to increase sales and improve client satisfaction.
Personality types of a Director of Sales and Marketing
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Director of Sales and Marketing
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Bottom-line oriented. Pragmatic, results-oriented.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Flexible. Open to different ways of trying things.
Motivators for a Director of Sales and Marketing
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, acknowledge them for their individual contributions to results.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, provide them plenty of time to work independently and finish projects using their own approaches.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to take the lead and guide other team members in closing deals.
Hiring a Director of Sales and Marketing?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions