The housekeeping manager oversees the housekeeping department at a hotel and is responsible for ensuring a clean and safe environment for all guests. They lead, train, and supervise the housekeeping team while ensuring all housekeeping staff follow the proper safety and sanitation standards for guest rooms and public spaces. Additional tasks include overseeing the allocation of budget and supplies for the housekeeping department and contributing to the overall satisfaction of hotel guests. This supervisory role is typically full-time in a hotel setting and reports to the general manager.
Personality types of a Housekeeping Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Housekeeping Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Decisive. Quickly deciding on a specific action.
- Collaborative. Works well with others.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Perfectionistic. Precise and exacting in their work.
Motivators for a Housekeeping Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, give them results-driven tasks with rewards.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to lead and teach others.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, allow them to set or enforce quality standards.
Hiring a Housekeeping Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions