The director of housekeeping oversees all housekeeping operations at a hotel and is responsible for ensuring a clean and safe environment for all guests. They lead, train, and supervise the housekeeping team, ensure all housekeeping staff follows the proper safety and sanitation standards for guest rooms and public spaces, oversee the proper allocation of budget and supplies for the housekeeping department, and contribute to the overall satisfaction of hotel guests.
Personality types of a Director of Housekeeping
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Director of Housekeeping
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Decisive. Quickly deciding on a specific action.
- Collaborative. Works well with others.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Perfectionistic. Precise and exacting in their work.
Motivators for a Director of Housekeeping
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, give them results-driven tasks with rewards.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to lead and teach others.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, allow them to set or enforce quality standards.
Hiring a Director of Housekeeping?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions