The director of hotel operations is in charge of monitoring and directing each department inside the hotel to meet revenue, profit, and customer satisfaction targets. They keep track of overhead expenses, incident reports, department requests, purchase reports, and accounts payable and receivable to meet financial goals. Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to put guest satisfaction first. This executive-level hotel management role typically works full-time in a full-service hotel facility and reports to the general manager.
Personality types of a Director of Hotel Operations
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Director of Hotel Operations
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Assertive. Comfortable inserting opinion or thoughts.
- Inspiring. Creates optimism in others.
- Spontaneous. Innovative and experimental.
- Unstructured. Willing to flex and explore new things.
Motivators for a Director of Hotel Operations
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, provide rewards for meeting and exceeding key performance goals.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, allow them to complete projects in a manner that aligns with their strengths.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them the authority to lead teams and take ownership of particular processes.
Hiring a Director of Hotel Operations?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions