A dentist is a medical doctor who focuses on oral health, including teeth, and gums. Through diagnostic tools, procedures, and instruments, they carefully and thoroughly examine patients’ teeth and mouth to check for oral disease, diagnose dental issues and evaluate overall oral and dental health. They perform preventive dental care and complete routine dental procedures. They also educate patients on the importance of good oral hygiene, and recommend devices and dental appliances. A dentist typically enjoys a flexible schedule and works for a dental practice, a private practice, or a public health department.
Personality types of a Dentist
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Dentist
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Relaxed. Unrushed and calm under pressure.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Dentist
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, let them communicate with patients and provide space for them to provide the highest levels of care.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them a clear set of procedures for them to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, allow them opportunities to grow their skills and learn more about the dental field.
Hiring a Dentist?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions