A dental front desk manager oversees the daily office operations and supervises the front office staff at a dental practice. They greet patients, and help them fill out forms, coordinate phone calls and patient scheduling, and prepare patient charts and daily schedules for the dental team. They also calculate fees, coordinate financial agreements, file insurance claims forms, and interface with dental insurance companies for the patient. After appointments, they make sure dental charts and patient electronic records are updated. Dental front desk managers typically work full or part-time for a dental practice or clinic.
Personality types of a Dental Front Desk Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Dental Front Desk Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Structured. Organized and systematic.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Dental Front Desk Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Aesthetic: A drive for harmony, balance, and peace. To tend to the aesthetic drive, support their ideas for new office structures and organizational practices.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, allow them time to get to know patients so they can provide the best service possible.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide opportunities to create dental office guidelines to follow.
Hiring a Dental Front Desk Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions