A construction safety advisor works closely with project managers and construction managers to ensure all potential risk management and safety issues are addressed at construction sites. They create workplace safety programs, implement construction health and safety training programs, and run safety meetings. Construction safety advisors also conduct site risk assessments, investigate job-site safety reports, and lead incident and injury evaluations when needed. They typically work on-site for construction companies, developers, or municipalities.
Personality types of a Construction Safety Advisor
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Construction Safety Advisor
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Patient. Able to wait for an outcome.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Disciplined. Controlled and orderly.
Motivators for a Construction Safety Advisor
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, provide ample leadership opportunities that allow them to showcase their skills.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, set forth a clear set of rules and systems for them to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, encourage them to deepen their understanding of the industry and professional best practices.
Hiring a Construction Safety Advisor?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions