A construction estimator gathers, analyzes, and prepares detailed total cost information to maximize cost-effectiveness during the construction process. They visit construction sites to gather necessary client requirement information and analyze proposals, specifications, blueprints, and construction documents to thoroughly understand the project. They work closely with construction project managers to coordinate and oversee the vendors and subcontractors bid process. The construction estimator then determines the time, labor, construction materials, and product costs for construction projects and communicates these requirements to clients. A construction estimator works in an office environment, with occasional construction site visits, and typically works with construction and development companies.
Personality types of a Construction Estimator
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Construction Estimator
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Calm. Restrained and controlled.
- Supportive. Uplifting of others.
- Perfectionistic. Precise and exacting in their work.
Motivators for a Construction Estimator
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them the opportunity to assert their authority and lead projects.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, set clear guidelines and rules for them and others to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, enable them to learn and acquire new skills as they advance their career.
Hiring a Construction Estimator?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions