A construction administrative assistant provides administrative duties to companies in the construction industry. They work with the office manager to complete clerical, administrative, and general office tasks that support the entire construction management team. They answer phones and respond to emails from clients and vendors. They act as a point of contact and solicit quotes from vendors, subcontractors, and various construction services teams, and prepare forms such as change orders, purchase orders, service agreements, and subcontracts accordingly. The construction administrative assistant also performs general office duties such as setting up filing systems, data entry, typing, copying, ordering office supplies, and other administrative tasks for special projects. Aside from the occasional site visit, they work part-time or full-time in an office at a construction company or for companies that provide construction services.
Personality types of a Construction Administrative Assistant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Construction Administrative Assistant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Calm. Restrained and controlled.
- Supportive. Uplifting of others.
- Systematic. Creates/follows structured processes.
Motivators for a Construction Administrative Assistant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, help them understand how their work is valuable and supports the overall team.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, have clear standards in place for them to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, create an environment where they can learn new skills and enhance their existing abilities.
Hiring a Construction Administrative Assistant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions