A certified public accountant is a licensed accountant who helps businesses balance their finances. They oversee a company’s financial planning, review financial data, audit financial reports, and make strategic, data-driven recommendations based on the company’s financial status regarding strategic planning, budget, and fraud prevention. A certified public accountant may work for a company as an individual or as a part of a public accounting firm.
Personality types of a Certified Public Accountant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Certified Public Accountant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Measured. Restrained and controlled.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Relaxed. Unrushed and calm under pressure.
- Systematic. Creates/follows structured processes.
Motivators for a Certified Public Accountant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them clear structures to follow at work and let them create their own procedures when necessary.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to mentor other accountants and take the lead in meetings.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, assign projects that allow them to learn more about the accounting field and improve their skills.
Hiring a Certified Public Accountant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions