A certified medical assistant has completed an accredited program in medical assisting, which usually requires both classroom education and a supervised externship in a healthcare setting to gain hands-on experience in the field. They provide administrative support to healthcare professionals and perform basic clinical duties. Certified medical assistants greet patients, schedule appointments, prep examination rooms, record patient medical histories, take vital signs, assist with examinations, collect blood samples, and add information to patient medical records. They work part-time or full-time at hospitals, medical practices, urgent care clinics, and other healthcare facilities.
Personality types of a Certified Medical Assistant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Certified Medical Assistant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Sympathetic. Interested and understanding of others.
- Organized. Structured and methodical.
Motivators for a Certified Medical Assistant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, assign tasks that directly help patients.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide plenty of structure for them to follow so they know exactly what is expected of them.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, give opportunities for them to develop their skills as a medical assistant and learn new techniques.
Hiring a Certified Medical Assistant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions