The banquet manager is responsible for supervising the daily operations of the banquet services of a hotel. They provide consistent and exceptional guest experience while reaching revenue objectives and minimizing expenses. This position works directly with guests to book banquet space and offer banquet options that fit guests' requirements and budgets. This position requires exceptional leadership skills to manage banquet captains, event porters, in-house staff as well as booking any contract labor if needed. It also requires strong time management, organizational abilities, and customer service skills. They often come from a background in hospitality management or culinary service.
Personality types of a Banquet Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Banquet Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Decisive. Quickly deciding on a specific action.
- Enthusiastic. Excited and joyful.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Organized. Structured and methodical.
Motivators for a Banquet Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, give them rewards for successfully leading a team when an event has exceeded client needs.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them the opportunity to show leadership skills for events and overseeing a team environment.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, allow them to be creative in their event strategies and how they manage their team.
Hiring a Banquet Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions