An automotive sales representative is responsible for selling used and new cars on the dealership floor. These individuals facilitate every aspect of the car sales process including maintaining a strong customer database, greeting potential customers, coordinating test drives, assisting with trade-in value, and negotiating vehicle prices. To be a successful car salesperson, they must ask the right questions and be keen listeners. They use the information that potential customers share to present car options that meet their lifestyle needs, personal preferences, desired perks, and budgets. They earn an average salary that’s often supplemented with monthly or quarterly performance-based bonuses.
Personality types of a Automotive Sales Representative
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Automotive Sales Representative
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Adventurous. Willing to take risks and explore.
- Social/Outgoing. Extroverted and people oriented.
- Active. Movement/Action oriented.
- Flexible. Open to different ways of trying things.
Motivators for a Automotive Sales Representative
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, reward them for meeting and exceeding their sales goals, and provide context on how each closed deal contributes to the bottom line.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, encourage them to close sales and communicate with customers in a manner they are most comfortable with.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to lead others and grow in their career.
Hiring an Automotive Sales Representative?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions