An automotive finance manager works in an automotive dealership and presents car buyers with various financing options, lending institutions, interest rates, and more. A finance director or finance manager generally serves as an intermediary between finance companies and the car dealership during the car sales process. They strive to ensure customer satisfaction while also maximizing dealer revenue. They are required to complete all documentation required by federal and local regulations for each transaction and may fill out car sale contracts, set payoff values, and conduct credit checks. They must have strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail. The automotive finance manager typically works in an automotive dealership.
Personality types of a Automotive Finance Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Automotive Finance Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Bottom-line oriented. Pragmatic, results-oriented.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Active. Movement/Action oriented.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Automotive Finance Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, allow them to take on projects that impact the bottom line.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, provide opportunities to mentor and take on leadership roles.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, encourage them to create their own work structure and protocols.
Hiring an Automotive Finance Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions