Automotive cashiers work directly with customers on vehicle service recommendations and repairs. Their day-to-day cashier job spans various tasks, such as greeting customers, scheduling service appointments, creating estimates and invoices, and printing payment and repair order documents. They ensure accurate credit card payments and cash handling at the service counter. They understand that providing fast and friendly service is critical to ensuring customer satisfaction. Depending on the company’s size, they may also serve as front desk receptionists in dealerships or service centers. In a dealership setting, an automotive cashier accepts deposits, completes payments for extending warranties, and handles other purchases. Automotive cashiers are typically employed at automotive dealerships or automotive service companies and may work part-time or full-time as needed.
Personality types of a Automotive Cashier
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Automotive Cashier
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Cooperative. Willing to collaborate.
- Social/Outgoing. Extroverted and people oriented.
- Accommodating. Making room for others.
- Flexible. Open to different ways of trying things.
Motivators for a Automotive Cashier
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Aesthetic: A drive for harmony, balance, and peace. To tend to the aesthetic drive, allow them opportunities to solve problems for customers in order to create a more harmonious work environment.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, give them tasks that help other employees and customers.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide a clear structural process for interacting with customers.
Hiring an Automotive Cashier?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions