An automotive accountant interprets, compiles, and maintains automotive accounting information for dealerships. They typically work in an accounting office within an automotive group and spend their days analyzing financial data, general ledger accounts, and financial records for accuracy. They leverage accounting software to prepare financial statements, oversee accounts payable and bookkeeping tasks. They create respective reports and perform other office duties that support dealership accounting processes, as needed. An automotive accountant may work in an automotive industry headquarters office or dealership management group in a part-time or full-time capacity.
Personality types of a Automotive Accountant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Automotive Accountant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Consistent. Reliable and predictable.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Automotive Accountant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide workplace structure and allow them to create their own procedures if needed.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, present opportunities for career growth and allow them to take the lead on projects.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, allow them to pursue professional development opportunities to improve their accounting skills.
Hiring an Automotive Accountant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions