An assistant manager is a food service professional who makes sure that daily operations run smoothly at a quick service restaurant. They are in charge of hiring, developing, and managing employees as well as overseeing inventory levels so the restaurant is profitable. They must assist team members in providing exceptional customer service and resolving any issues raised by customers. This position ensures that requirements for sanitation and safety are being met. Prior food service experience is required, and previous management experience is preferred. The standard education requirement is a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Personality types of a Assistant Manager (Quick Service)
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Assistant Manager (Quick Service)
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Task-oriented. Focused on the big objectives, rather than the humanistic side.
- Social/Outgoing. Extroverted and people oriented.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Organized. Structured and methodical.
Motivators for a Assistant Manager (Quick Service)
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, give them results-driven tasks with rewards.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to lead and teach others.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive,allow them to set or enforce quality standards and other staff procedures.
Hiring an Assistant Manager (Quick Service)?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions