An area sales manager is in charge of bringing in new business to increase sales at multiple hotel properties in a specific geographic region. Responsibilities include analyzing property performance and developing strategies to increase established hotel sales goals and profit margins for a region. They also build relationships with key clients to increase repeat guest bookings and prospect new business through referrals, networking, and cold-calling. Frequent travel between properties is typically needed.
Personality types of a Area Sales Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Area Sales Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Determined. Willful in achieving objectives.
- Social/Outgoing. Extroverted and people oriented.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Careful. Patient, methodical, cautious.
Motivators for a Area Sales Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, recognize them for their individual efforts to exceed goals and sales objectives.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them opportunities to take charge and lead other team members when closing sales.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide an ample amount of structure but allow them to create their own procedural systems.
Hiring an Area Sales Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions