Administrative Assistants provide all aspects of administrative support using their exceptional communication and organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and a positive outlook with a highly professional demeanor. Essential skills include MS Office, time management, analytical, problem solving, and keyboarding. They are proficient in written and verbal communication, can schedule appointments, make travel arrangements, are efficient at multi-tasking and accomplish a variety of tasks in a timely manner.
Personality types of a Administrative Assistant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Administrative Assistant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Attentive. Caring of details and demands.
- Consistent. Reliable using systems and predictable.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Administrative Assistant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to an altruistic drive, let them help others for a cause.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to a regulatory drive, let them keep consistent systems and enforce those systems.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to a theoretical drive, allow them to constantly learn new processes.
Hiring an Administrative Assistant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions