A senior loan processor oversees the documentation and submission process for residential mortgage loans. They serve as the main point of contact to the borrower, real estate agent, mortgage loan officer, and mortgage underwriter from origination through the close of the mortgage transaction. They obtain and verify the accuracy of borrower financial documentation, as well as any third-party documentation such as hazard insurance certificates, home inspections, title reports, and appraisals needed to satisfy lender requirements. They also ensure that all loan files and credit packages comply with company lending policies, as well as state and federal lending regulations. Senior loan processors typically work full time in an office or branch and serve as an integral part of the mortgage team at a lending institution, such as a bank or credit union, or at a mortgage company or broker.
Personality types of a Senior Loan Processor
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Senior Loan Processor
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Calm. Restrained and controlled.
- Supportive. Uplifting of others.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Senior Loan Processor
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, recognize them when they reach goals and emphasize how their job directly impacts revenue.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, communicate clear procedures for them to follow and let them create processing protocols when necessary.
- Aesthetic: A drive for harmony, balance, and peace. To tend to the aesthetic drive, assigns tasks that allow them to utilize their organizational skills and put things in order.
Hiring a Senior Loan Processor?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions