A real estate accountant manages all accounting processes for a real estate team. They handle accounts payable and accounts receivable, produce journal entries, reconcile business accounts, and enter data into accounting software to make sure financial reporting is accurate and organized. They also handle incoming and outgoing payments, collect bills, prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements, and assist the real estate team with other tasks as necessary. Real estate accountants work in a real estate office.
Personality types of a Real Estate Accountant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Real Estate Accountant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Accommodating. Making room for others.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Real Estate Accountant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to lead in budget meetings and take charge.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them ample procedures to follow and let them create their own systems when appropriate.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide opportunities for them to develop their skills as an accountant and learn more about the real estate industry.
Hiring a Real Estate Accountant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions