A psychologist is a licensed professional who specializes in the assessment and treatment of psychological and behavioral issues. They may work at medical facilities providing in-patient or out-patient services, partnering as needed with other medical experts, and facilitating group sessions. Their duties include researching a patient's medical history, doing preliminary evaluations and examinations, supervising interviews, creating care and intervention methods, and evaluating patients' progress. This position requires a Doctorate in Psychology (PhD, EdD, PsyD) as well as licensure in the state where they practice and passage of the EPPP (Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology).
Personality types of a Psychologist
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Psychologist
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Sympathetic. Interested and understanding of others.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Psychologist
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, allow them to create specific actionable plans for their patients so they can change their behavior and improve mental well-being.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them opportunities to create schedules and procedures that suit them in the workplace.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, let them pursue professional development opportunities in order to expand their knowledge.
Hiring a Psychologist?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions