Property and casualty insurance agents help individuals, families, and businesses secure coverage for residential and commercial properties, physical assets, and liabilities. Insurance sales agents actively network to find prospective clients to match their unique needs with suitable policy options, while also maintaining a portfolio of existing clients. Property and casualty insurance agents may also facilitate the claims process to ensure that policyholders complete all appropriate forms and meet insurance policy requirements. Agents may work independently or for a specific insurance company, insurance agency, or brokerage.
Personality types of a Property and Casualty Insurance Agent
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Property and Casualty Insurance Agent
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Commanding. A presence of control and authority.
- Persuasive. Able to convince others.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Easy-going. Informal, not tense or strict.
Motivators for a Property and Casualty Insurance Agent
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, assign projects that directly relate to the bottom line.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, allow them to work on their own and provide insurance policy options in their own way.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them opportunities to grow their career and develop their management skills.
Hiring a Property and Casualty Insurance Agent?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions