Plumbers specialize in assembling, maintaining, and repairing pipes and systems for gas or water distribution in residential or commercial buildings. They are also responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and testing plumbing and drainage systems. Duties include meeting with customers at their homes or business to perform customer-requested work orders, preventative maintenance, and emergency repairs. Using hand and power tools, they complete installations of gas and water supply, pipe systems, and various plumbing fixtures, including faucets, toilets, and bathtubs. Plumbers earn certification through either a community college, technical or trade school and gain years of experience through an apprenticeship with a master plumber to obtain their plumbing license. They use a company truck to visit job sites and work full-time with the opportunity for overtime.
Personality types of a Plumber
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Plumber
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Plumber
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, assign tasks that directly help the team finish the project.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide plenty of structure for their daily procedures.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, give them opportunities to gain more knowledge about plumbing and learn new techniques.
Hiring a Plumber?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions