A personal lines insurance agent is licensed to sell multiple types of insurance policies including property and casualty, life, health, liability, and umbrella insurance to protect individuals and families against financial loss. They analyze the personal insurance needs of their clients to recommend suitable insurance products. They are also the account manager and provide customer service to their existing book of business while simultaneously marketing and prospecting new business, policy renewals, organic growth, and more. A personal lines insurance sales agent must facilitate additional insurance coverage lines like marine or flood insurance if needed to meet clients' insurance needs and collaborate with underwriters on policy retention, modification, and reinstatement. They may work on behalf of insurance agencies, insurance brokers, or be independent agents.
Personality types of a Personal Lines Insurance Agent
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Personal Lines Insurance Agent
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Determined. Willful in achieving objectives.
- Persuasive. Able to convince others.
- Flexible. Open to different ways of trying things.
- Independent. Free to explore and experiment.
Motivators for a Personal Lines Insurance Agent
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, let them achieve perks and bonuses for exceeding performance levels.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, grant them freedom to create their own systems for interacting with clients.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to perform tasks that can showcase their leadership skills.
Hiring a Personal Lines Insurance Agent?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions