A personal injury attorney is a licensed legal professional who focuses on personal injury and tort law. They specialize in physical, psychological, and other personal injury aspects and represent a range of cases, from dog bites and car accidents to medical malpractice and wrongful death suits. They handle personal injury cases from start to finish, and they represent, negotiate, and litigate on their clients’ behalf to receive justice and compensation for their losses. They meet with prospective clients to evaluate potential personal injury claims and provide legal advice. Personal injury attorneys draft, review, and modify legal documents, conduct legal research, and gather relevant evidence. They update the status of all case files and manage their support team of legal professionals. When not in court, they typically work at a general law office or personal injury law firm.
Personality types of a Personal Injury Attorney
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Personal Injury Attorney
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Commanding. A presence of control and authority.
- Persuasive. Able to convince others.
- Active. Movement/Action oriented.
- Systematic. Creates/follows structured processes.
Motivators for a Personal Injury Attorney
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, provide opportunities for additional compensation for exceeding performance goals.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to lead meetings and mentor other team members.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, let them create a flexible schedule and provide their own procedures in the work environment.
Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions