Painters specialize in applying paint to the interior and exterior surfaces of residential or commercial buildings. They are responsible for meeting with customers at job sites to understand their needs, assess the paint surface, and determine what painting equipment and materials will be needed to complete the project. Duties include preparing the area for painting, laying down drop cloths and coverings to protect furniture or walls, removing old paint with sandpaper, and applying a series of caulking, putty, filler, sealers, and primers to paint surfaces. They mix paint to the desired swatch color, determine the number of coatings of paint or varnish a job requires, and clean up the space once they are finished. They use a company truck to visit job sites and work full-time with the opportunity for overtime.
Personality types of a Painter
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Painter
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Task-oriented. Focused on the big objectives, rather than the humanistic side.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Active. Movement/Action oriented.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Painter
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, give them opportunities to collaborate with others.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, set clear instructions and tasks.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, allow them time to learn new things.
Hiring a Painter?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions