A mortgage loan partner is an experienced loan professional that works alongside the mortgage loan officer (MLO) or loan originator and assists with loan applications and pre-approvals before they are taken to the loan processor. Main responsibilities include making initial contact and follow-ups with clients, helping loan applicants get “mortgage-ready”, gathering information for new loan underwriting, providing support throughout the mortgage loan application process, and performing necessary administrative duties. Loan partners usually work at a mortgage brokerage or financial institution.
Personality types of a Mortgage Loan Partner
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mortgage Loan Partner
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Cooperative. Willing to collaborate.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Structured. Organized and systematic.
- Compliant. Accepting of rules and systems.
Motivators for a Mortgage Loan Partner
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, assign tasks that directly help their coworkers or customers.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them clear structures and let them create their own methods when needed.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide opportunities for them to learn more about the mortgage industry and improve their skill set.
Hiring a Mortgage Loan Partner?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions