Mental health therapists assist patients in managing and overcoming mental and emotional disorders, as well as issues with social anxiety, relationships, and other psychological conditions that might lead to mental health imbalance. Responsibilities include working with individuals, families, groups, and communities to help in overcoming cognitive, behavioral, or emotional issues. They establish tailored treatment plans using evidence-based approaches and consultation with colleagues. They work primarily in a clinical setting and must be licensed in the state in which they reside.
Personality types of a Mental Health Therapist
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mental Health Therapist
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Considerate. Emotionally aware of others.
- Calm. Restrained and controlled.
- Sympathetic. Interested and understanding of others.
- Systematic. Creates/follows structured processes.
Motivators for a Mental Health Therapist
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, give them opportunities to provide mental health solutions to improve a person's well-being.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide structure, established systems, and a consistent work environment.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, allow them to seek opportunities to learn new things to keep growing professionally.
Hiring a Mental Health Therapist?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions