Hotel maintenance engineers are problem solvers who provide preventive maintenance and repairs. They are in charge of all of the hotel's equipment and machinery, as well as diagnosing and discovering operating issues and installing replacement parts as needed. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the hotel, including private rooms, public areas, the back of the house, and the building's exterior.
Personality types of a Maintenance Engineer
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Maintenance Engineer
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Relaxed. Unrushed and calm under pressure.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Maintenance Engineer
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, assign tasks that directly help customers and colleagues alike.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, set forth a clear set of rules and expectations.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide ample opportunities for them to learn and expand their knowledge of maintenance best practices.
Hiring a Maintenance Engineer?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions