A life insurance broker is responsible for the overall financial performance of a branch office at an insurance company. To achieve the branch’s set targets, the life insurance broker must recruit, train, develop, and supervise life insurance agents to gain new clients and drive sales. They also need to maximize profits and minimize risk and liability regarding payment of future benefits by analyzing actuary data and strategically setting life insurance premiums for policyholders. Other duties include overseeing insurance claims investigations to make sure staff complies with regulations and reviewing existing company policies and making recommendations for improvement. Life insurance brokers typically work full-time at an insurance agency or firm.
Personality types of a Life Insurance Broker
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Life Insurance Broker
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Commanding. A presence of control and authority.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Flexible. Open to different ways of trying things.
- Independent. Free to explore and experiment.
Motivators for a Life Insurance Broker
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, reward them for meeting sales goals and assign tasks that directly relate to the bottom-line.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, let them oversee their branch in their own way.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, provide opportunities for them to lead team meetings and further grow their career.
Hiring a Life Insurance Broker?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions