A laundry attendant is in charge of ensuring that clean linens are supplied to the entire hotel. Among the responsibilities include sorting, washing, drying, pressing, and folding clothing and other textile items. They also remove stains from products by adhering to the manufacturer's processes and use of commercial cleaning products. If the hotel provides cleaning service, the laundry attendants may also be in charge of cleaning the visitors' personal belongings. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment along with excellent interpersonal skills to interact with guests and team members.
Personality types of a Laundry Attendant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Laundry Attendant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Cooperative. Willing to collaborate.
- Enthusiastic. Excited and joyful.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Laundry Attendant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, give them opportunities to help others.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, create tasks that are orderly and systematic for them to complete.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide them with opportunities to learn new things.
Hiring a Laundry Attendant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions