An insurance broker is responsible for the overall financial performance of a branch office at an insurance company. To achieve the branch’s set targets, the insurance broker must recruit, train, develop, and supervise insurance agents to gain new clients and drive sales. They also need to maximize profits and minimize risk and liability regarding payment of future benefits by analyzing actuary data and strategically setting premiums for policyholders. Other duties include overseeing insurance claims investigations to make sure staff complies with regulations and reviewing existing company policies and making recommendations for improvement. Insurance brokers typically work full-time at an insurance agency or firm.
Personality types of a Insurance Broker
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Insurance Broker
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Decisive. Quickly deciding on a specific action.
- Enthusiastic. Excited and joyful.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Easy-going. Informal, not tense or strict.
Motivators for a Insurance Broker
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, reward them for achieving goals and discuss how each assignment relates to the bottom-line.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, allow them to complete tasks on their own and manage in their own way.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, assign them responsibility for the overall branch and allow them to lead insurance agents.
Hiring an Insurance Broker?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions